In our technology driven, ever-evolving world, we crave connection more than ever before. We look to connect in many different ways and forms to have a sense of belonging, purpose and satisfaction. Hear talks from local speakers who are making connections through research, objects, laughter and presence. What they see in the world may just change your perspective too.
Registration for the TEDx event organized by Chandler Public opens at 9:00am on Saturday, September 30, 2017; REGISTER HERE.
The TEDxChandlerPublicLibrary event, Connect!, will be held from 9 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., on Saturday, October 14, at the Chandler Downtown Library, located at 22 S. Delaware Street.
Auditions were held in August and six speakers with diverse professional backgrounds were chosen. Tisha Marie Pelletier, an East Valley entrepreneur, will emcee the event.
Meet our six speakers and their topics (read more about each of them, as well as our emcee Tisha, here):
- Lydia Chew – Connecting the STEM to the root
- Jody Crago – Objects of my obsession: How everyday objects connect us to people and the world around us
- Dave Engelthaler, Ph.D. – Connect the first world to the third world
- Candace Lewis, Ph.D – A therapeutic trip: From experience to epigenome
- Ricky Olson – Leverage laughter to create connection
- Jen Rooney – Connect four C’s and come alive!
Admission to this event is free, and pre-registration is required. In order to meeting TEDx rules, this event is limited to 100 attendees, so individuals wanting to attend are encouraged to register as soon as they can. Previous TEDx events at the Chandler Library filled within 48 hours. For updates, continue to visit this website: www.TEDxChandlerPublicLibrary.com.